Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The word limit for articles is 6000 words. This does not include references or tables.
- Blind Review: Your peer-review article will be automatically rejected if your submission is not blind review ready. Check the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed. If using Google Docs please file/make a copy and then remove identifiers—name, self-references. Export as either Word or pdf then follow the relevant file type instructions as a double check.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in 'Comments to the Editor').
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- Where available, all URLs for the references have been provided. Refer http://www.crossref.org/
- The text is s1.5 spaced; uses Times New Roman 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- All references have been thoroughly checked and adhere to the guidelines published in the Publication Guidelines of the latest version of the American Psychological Association. All references must be checked for DOI numbers prior to submission and recorded at end of appropriate references. You can search the name of articles here http://www.crossref.org/
- Where available, DOI numbers for articles have been provided. Consistent with current APA Guidelines, Waikato Journal of Education requires authors to include the DOI of manuscripts they reference where this information is available. One quick resource for doing this is provided HERE
- Unless the Journal Manager has been notified prior to publication, you agree for the lead author's contact email address being included on the front page of the article. Email [email protected] if this is not acceptable.
- Authors must declare any potential conflict of interest—be it professional or financial—which could be held to arise with respect to the article. Please contact the Editor or Journal Manager to advise of any conflict.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors retain copyright of their publications.
Author and users are free to:
copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
remix, transform, and build upon the material
- The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use
You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.